How to Become a Member
Proper Identification must be presented to apply for an Evergreen Indiana library card. Proper Identification is one of the following:
- a valid Indiana Driver’s License which displays a current address;
- valid Indiana State ID which displays a current address; or
- a current government issued photo ID (e.g., military ID, passport).
- valid identification issued by another State (e.g., Driver’s License)
- valid current university or college identification (e.g., Student identification)
If the presented Proper Identification does not display a current address, the applicant must present one item from the Recommended List in addition to the Indiana Driver’s License, Indiana State ID or other government issued photo ID presented as Proper Identification. The ID presented from the Recommended List must include a current address.
Recommended List of ID includes:
- valid voter registration card,
- computer generated bank statement issued in applicant’s name within the last 30 days
- computer generated utility, credit card company, doctor or hospital bill, issued in applicant’s name within the last 30 days and containing address of residence
- Medicaid or Medicare benefit statement issued in the applicant’s name within the last 30 days
- Change-of-address confirmation from the United States Postal Service showing prior and current address of residence (a P.O. Box is not acceptable as a residence address)
- apartment lease signed within the last 30 days
- property tax receipt issued in applicant’s name